Monday, October 16, 2006

Wasted Time

Everything is still going very well. The only problem I have is communication breakdown at the hospital. Sometimes it seems like in one hear and out the other. Michel and I wind up spending extra time at the hospital because of delays from the blood bank and other unknown reasons. The nurses tried to expain the slow paper trail but I think its a cover up. We do not have much to do otherwise so its not really a big deal. I think it just feels a bit more comfortable at the apartment than at the hospital. My counts are still going crazy so I am still receiving blood products very often. This means long hours at the hospital. OH JOY! But don't forget, I still have that smile I always talk about!

2 comments:

Dennis & Donna Pillow in Harvey said...

Casey, yall stay strong. Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world (the devil). God loves you and will get you through this! Trust in HIM. Yall stay strong. Is there anything I can send you? Is there an address at your apartment I can send you something? I just want to stay in contact, and we love yall, even though I've never met your wife, she is great and I'm sure is a wonderful inspiration to you. We love you. Please write back when u r up to it! Call us some time. My number is 504-874-5884 cell.

Unknown said...

Wow... it's so hard reading all of this, and being helpless to do anything beyond "be there for you" in spirit. I tried to call you guys a few times in the past 10 days or so, but I haven't gotten through. I know you're busy, so I don't expect to get through. I just want you guys to know that I love you both, and I think of you every day. Leann does the same, and I'm sure that she prays for the both of you as well as for her own family members who are engaged in their own fights.

Just keep your spirit up, man. I wish I could get over there again to see you, but I don't see myself getting an available weekend to drive out there until January. I hope you're not still out there in January, but if you are, I'll do my best to get out there again. If you get out of Houston before then, I expect to see you at my place! We've got the guest bedroom ready and waiting for you two.

We love & miss you guys.

-Brett & Leann